Tips for reducing the running costs of your fridge/freezer
Money Savings range you could have employing this measure.
Carbon Dioxide emission range that could be saved with this measure.
- Place the fridge in a cool well ventilated position out of direct sunlight and away from a heat source such as an oven.
- For greatest efficiency set refrigerators at 4ºC and freezers at -18º C (or as close as you can get).
- Avoid frost build up by defrosting regularly.
- Avoid leaving the door open and ensure door seals are working properly. To test this place a piece of paper in the door seal when it closes. If the paper is held firmly, the seal is sound.
- Keep freezer compartments full! Fill any unused space with scrunched up newspaper.
- Don't put warm food in the fridge; let it cool-off outside first. This avoids the fridge from having to use extra energy to keep the temperature low.
- Keep exposed coils at the back free from dust and fluff. Accumulation of dust on condenser coils can increase energy consumption by up to 30%.
|< Prev||Next >|